I made these today for a doggie friend named "Maya"....
I used this tutorial for reference. But instead of ribbon I used some Amy Butler prints...
I really like the way this one above came out. I used a brushed black nickel finish clasp looks a little tough.
this one (above) was my "practice" run, first attempt...still came out pretty cute but I ended up changing a few things on second collar. I sewed the d-ring into place using a square and an x inside instead of two straight parallel lines...seems a little more sturdy- which I'm thinking is totally necessary for a doggie leash latch.
This was fun, I need more doggie friends to sew for. It was easy, the hardest part was figuring out how to weave the strap adjuster through...but essentially you don't sew it until you know it works...there's no messing it up really.
Supply list for one doggie collar:
(I used 20" as my target size...however it's adjustable and can be made bigger)
- One yard 1" webbing
- One 1 3/4" x36" strip of Amy Butler fabric...(I used my binding buddy to perfectly fold and iron my edges under)
- One 1" Dritz silver metal d-ring
- One 1" Dritz adjustable slide/strap
- One 1" Dritz single adjust side release buckle
- A few cut strips of applique adhesive ironed onto the back of the Amy Butler fabric (be careful ironing on webbing-it melts!)
- A lighter to burn the edges of the webbing so it doesn't unravel
- straight pins
- straight edge
- measuring tape
Woof Woof! It's Monday, the week is full of possibilities!