I bought a pattern over the weekend. But I couldn't find any fabrics that called out to me so I just ended up doing a test run in Amy Butler fabrics I had on hand.
After seeing it finished I knew exactly what I wanted my handbag to look like. So late yesterday I cut all the pieces and laid them out to be sewn this morning and made notes of some pattern tweaking; I wanted to make the handle wider and add more stitching detail as well add some woven interfacing to strengthen it. I also was not going to use Pellon Craft Fuse again, made the purse kind of stiff in my opinion. So I picked up 3 yards of a woven fusible interfacing, more expensive, but totally worth it!